It could be useful to add a
Random.bytes method (equivalent to
Random::DEFAULT.bytes), as per the simple patch attached.
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
Comment about this trivial feature would be appreciated.
- Target version changed from 2.0.0 to next minor
I think it is useful and acceptable to introduce, but 2.0 is already frozen about its features, so the target version should be next-minor.
- File randombytes-ruby22.diff added
I update this patch on Ruby 2.2.
is there a reason not to commit this?
- Assignee changed from nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) to normalperson (Eric Wong)
I think there is no problems.
- File deleted (
I revised patch for Ruby 2.2.
File randombytes-ruby22.diff added
Looks good to me.
Any approval from matz since this is a new API?
- Assignee changed from normalperson (Eric Wong) to matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Any comment from matz for API addition?
Also available in: Atom