matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
- Login: matz
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 05/09/2008
- Last connection: 08/28/2020
|Ruby master||Manager, Developer||05/18/2008|
- 12:33 PM Ruby master Bug #17197: Some Hash methods still have arity 2 instead of 1
- @marcandre No. Issuing deprecation warnings itself is a declaration of future change. I haven't set my mind for eithe...
- 05:56 AM Ruby master Feature #17322: Deprecate `Random::DEFAULT` and introduce `Random.default()` method to provide Ractor-supported default random generator
- I vote for replacing `Random::DEFAULT` with ractor-safe object (`Random` class). We don't need `Random.default()` the...
- 05:14 AM Ruby master Feature #17326: Add Kernel#must! to the standard library
- I strongly oppose the name `must`. `must` assumes coercing something but no relation to types nor `nil`.
With a diff...
- 05:08 AM Ruby master Feature #17331: Let Fiber#raise work with transferring fibers
- Basically positive for implicit one. The transferred fibers and suspended fibers behave differently, especially in ex...
- 09:16 AM Ruby master Feature #17312: New methods in Enumerable and Enumerator::Lazy: flatten, product, compact
- My opinion for each proposed method.
* `compact` - OK, I can imagine use-cases too
* `product` - Negative; I conc...
- 08:27 AM Ruby master Feature #16786: Light-weight scheduler for improved concurrency.
- When implementation fixed, could you update the document? Also, I'd like you to rename `scheduler.md` to something el...
- 08:21 AM Ruby master Feature #16786: Light-weight scheduler for improved concurrency.
- I am happy with `Fiber#set_scheduler()`.
- 07:59 AM Ruby master Feature #17307: A way to mark C extensions as thread-safe, Ractor-safe, or unsafe
- I am OK with having API to specify Ractor/Thread-safety. But thread-safety here is a bit ambiguous. For example, obje...
- 07:35 AM Ruby master Feature #16043: `$LOAD_PATH.resolve_feature_path` should not raise
- 07:34 AM Ruby master Bug #17197 (Rejected): Some Hash methods still have arity 2 instead of 1
- It is caused by a historical reason. I don't think it's worth breaking compatibility, at least for Ruby3.0. Maybe for...
Also available in: Atom