Default gems: how will it work exactly?
Some standard libraries will be gemified in Ruby 2.6+.
1) I believe we need to provide documentation for this. The NEWS file doesn't have much at all. The respective READMEs also have no relevant information and are misleading (see https://github.com/ruby/ostruct/pull/6). I'll be glad to write an initial draft if need be, with the answers to the following questions...
2) Can we play with this right now? Maybe publishing prelease versions of these libraries?
3) Has this been tested with
gemspec, i.e. it will be possible to add a specification for one of these?
4) What is supposed to happen if one does
gem install ostruct in Ruby 2.5 (with current bundler, and with future bundler)?
5) Will it be possible to use these in
Gemfiles even with older Ruby (but recent
bundler), so one could say
gem 'ostruct' in a Gemfile and run
bundle install in Ruby 2.5 without things exploding?
6) Depending on 4/5, shouldn't we specify a
required_ruby_version in the gemspecs?