WIN32OLERuntimeError using 1.9.2
I found a problem using win32ole library in threaded script. Ruby version I used is 1.9.2p290. It is said that same happens on 1.9.3-p0. Following is the minimal example that exposes this problem and the problem happens at ie.document. Doing sleep for few seconds between ie.navigate and ie.document works.
t = Thread.new do
ie = WIN32OLE.new( "InternetExplorer.Application" )
ie.visible = true
rescue Exception => e
The output is:
OLE error code:80004005 in
HRESULT error code:0x80020009
A little similar to ruby bug #2618, but this time problem happens after accessing document after navigate.
Updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) 7 months ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
I tried the example code in Ruby 2.6, Ruby 2.7, and Ruby 3.0. on Windows 10, and got the expected output each time (Internet Explorer opened), OK output on console. If you think this is still an issue with a supported version of Ruby and Windows, please reopen.