Project

General

Profile

Bug #5771

WIN32OLERuntimeError using 1.9.2

Added by yohei (Yohei Kaneko) almost 8 years ago. Updated over 7 years ago.

Status:
Assigned
Priority:
Normal
Target version:
-
ruby -v:
1.9.2p290, 1.9.3-p0
Backport:
[ruby-core:<unknown>]

Description

I found a problem using win32ole library in threaded script. Ruby version I used is 1.9.2p290. It is said that same happens on 1.9.3-p0. Following is the minimal example that exposes this problem and the problem happens at ie.document. Doing sleep for few seconds between ie.navigate and ie.document works.

require 'win32ole'
t = Thread.new do
begin
ie = WIN32OLE.new( "InternetExplorer.Application" )
ie.visible = true
ie.navigate("http://google.com")
ie.document
puts "OK"
rescue Exception => e
puts e.class
puts e
puts e.backtrace
end
end
t.join

The output is:
WIN32OLERuntimeError
document
OLE error code:80004005 in

HRESULT error code:0x80020009

A little similar to ruby bug #2618, but this time problem happens after accessing document after navigate.

History

#1

Updated by ko1 (Koichi Sasada) over 7 years ago

  • Assignee set to suke (Masaki Suketa)
#2

Updated by shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Assigned

Also available in: Atom PDF