Please drop IRB's version in favour of Ruby version
It seems that IRB's upstream lives in Ruby's SVN. There is no way how to update IRB separate from Ruby. From that point of view, it would make sense to drop IRB's own version numbers in favour of Ruby versions instead. The IRB reports this version information:
However from the IRB changelog  it is clear that there went some changes in meantime, so the IRB's versioning is not reliable and does not make a sense IMO.
- Category set to lib
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee set to keiju (Keiju Ishitsuka)
- Priority changed from Normal to 3
- Target version set to 2.6
This is still issue. Gemifying IRB might help with that ...
- Target version deleted (
- Assignee changed from keiju (Keiju Ishitsuka) to hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA)
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
I hope the situation should be better since r63915 which makes IRB default gem. Now if only the version was properly increased ...
Also available in: Atom