File.extname documentation fix
The documentation says that File.extname returns the portion of the filename after the period, while the actual output includes the period. Update the documentation to reflect this.
Updated by Eregon (Benoit Daloze) about 8 years ago
There are a few special cases:
- dotfiles (e.g.: ".hidden") have "" for extname and ".hidden" for basename.
- files ending with a dot report "" as extname (done by rb_file_s_extname())
- looking at ruby_enc_find_extname(), the part after ':' is not kept for NTFS paths.
Updated by zzak (Zachary Scott) almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r37749.
Noah, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- file.c (File.extname): Documentation for extname on dotfiles and files ending with a dot. Also, added example for this. [ruby-core:47852] [Bug #7112]