Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
- Login: Eregon
- Registered on: 07/30/2009
- Last connection: 10/24/2020
- 01:45 PM Ruby master Feature #17145: Ractor-aware `Object#deep_freeze`
- ko1 (Koichi Sasada) wrote in #note-26:
> So classes/module should be frozen if `[C].deep_freeze`.
I think it's very ...
- 01:33 PM Ruby master Feature #17278: On-demand sharing of constants for Ractor
- Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote in #note-5:
> Also, and maybe more clearly, it would require every single Ruby constant...
- 01:21 PM Ruby master Feature #17278: On-demand sharing of constants for Ractor
- A performance concern is this will make the first access to any constant need the process-global lock (or a more fine...
- 12:57 PM Ruby master Feature #17273: shareable_constant_value pragma
- Maybe the pragma should be `# frozen_constants: true`?
"Freezing a constant" is intuitively "deeply-freeze the value...
- 12:42 PM Ruby master Feature #17100: Ractor: a proposal for a new concurrent abstraction without thread-safety issues
- marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune) wrote in #note-35:
> What about `send`? Should we use `yield`? `pass`? `call`?
- 12:23 PM Ruby master Bug #17283: Why does Dir.glob's ** match files in current directory?
- Interestingly this behavior differs between Bash and Zsh:
│ └── subfile
- 10:42 AM Ruby master Revision 99e067ea (git): Try to fix compilation on MSVC
- 02:51 PM Ruby master Feature #17206: Introduce new Regexp option to avoid global MatchData allocations
- I took a quick look, the logic to set $~ is here:
- 02:30 PM Ruby master Feature #17206: Introduce new Regexp option to avoid global MatchData allocations
- scivola20 (sciv ola) wrote in #note-5:
> I believe that people who can use `match?` and `match` methods properly, ca...
- 01:53 PM Ruby master Revision 148961ad (git): Update to ruby/spec@4f59d86
Also available in: Atom