Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
- Login: Eregon
- Registered on: 07/30/2009
- Last connection: 04/15/2021
- 12:50 PM Ruby master Feature #17752: Enable -Wundef for C extensions in repository
- @xtkoba Your 4 patches look good to me, could you commit them?
- 11:16 AM Ruby master Feature #17795: Around `Process.fork` callbacks API
- @byroot Thanks for the new issue, this seems much clearer than the previous one :)
jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) wrote...
- 10:57 AM Ruby master Feature #17753: Add Module#namespace
- I see, the name `namespace` is what we're disagreeing on.
Maybe you have another suggestion for the name of that met...
- 05:29 PM Ruby master Feature #17753: Add Module#namespace
- I think those edge cases are pretty rare.
Module#namespace would refer to the lexical parent when the module is crea...
- 09:33 AM Ruby master Feature #17790: Have a way to clear a String without resetting its capacity
- I think `clear(shrink: true/false)` would be fine to add.
I'm not sure if it's really needed in practice though.
- 09:28 AM Ruby master Feature #17790: Have a way to clear a String without resetting its capacity
- byroot (Jean Boussier) wrote in #note-6:
> Maybe `String#capacity` and `String#capacity=` would make sense? But then...
- 06:18 PM Ruby master Feature #17762: A simple way to trace object allocation
- byroot (Jean Boussier) wrote in #note-15:
> I understand the concern. A `require` always seem more harmless than a m...
- 05:59 PM Ruby master Feature #17785: Allow named parameters to be keywords
- I like @byroot's idea to solve the more general issue and not just this specific instance.
marcandre (Marc-Andre L...
- 05:53 PM Ruby master Feature #17790: Have a way to clear a String without resetting its capacity
- I think that some people and libraries might expect that the `#clear` method releases the allocated memory.
- 05:19 PM Ruby master Bug #17777: 2.6.7 fails to build on macOS: implicit declaration of function 'rb_native_mutex_destroy' is invalid in C99
- A workaround is `export warnflags=-Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration` and then attempt to build/install 2.6.7 a...
Also available in: Atom