Migrate extconf.rb documentation from README.EXT to MakeMakefile
I've added a patch to move any missing bits from README.EXT Appendix C to MakeMakefile, in exchange for "See MakeMakefile for functions that are available to extconf.rb".
Updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel) about 8 years ago
I don't think the call-seq changes to lib/mkmf.rb are necessary. In some cases they don't match up with the method definitions. Can you remove them?
I think Appendix C. can be removed entirely and and after the extconf.rb method list in "(4) prepare extconf.rb" something like "See MakeMakefile for full documentation of these functions." can be added.
Updated by zzak (Zachary Scott) about 8 years ago
- File 0002-Migrate-extconf.rb-documentation-from-README.EXT-to-MakeMakefile.patch 0002-Migrate-extconf.rb-documentation-from-README.EXT-to-MakeMakefile.patch added
I've updated a new patch with your requested changes, also fixed up the method definitions in "(4) prepare extconf.rb" where applicable.
Updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel) almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r35977.
Zachary, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- README.EXT (prepare extconf.rb): Added note to see MakeMakefile for documentation of extconf.rb functions. Patch by Zachary Scott. [ruby-trunk - Feature #6522]
- README.EXT (Appendix C): Removed in favor of MakeMakefile. Patch by Zachary Scott.
- lib/mkmf.rb: Merged documentation from README.EXT Appendix C. Patch by Zachary Scott.