Improve Regexp documentation
Improve Regexp documentation:
* add a section to explain differences between =~ operator and #match
* in Options section, explain how use options with Regexp.new
* add a section about special global variables ($~ and so on)
#1 Updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel) about 6 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r33977.
Sylvain, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- doc/re.rdoc: Document difference between match and =~, options with Regexp.new and global variables. Patch by Sylvain Daubert. [Ruby 1.9 - Bug #5709]