incorrect RbConfig::CONFIG["STRIP"] values
While adding support for the mingw-w64 toolchain to the RubyInstaller project, I discovered that configure.in doesn't correctly generate values for STRIP when name-prefixed build tools (ie - i686-w64-mingw32-ranlib, etc) are used.
I tested the attached patch in the following configurations (trunk) with these results in rbconfig.rb:
- Arch 32-bit 2.6.38 w/gcc v4.6.0 ==> CONFIG["STRIP"] = "strip -S -x"
- Win7 32-bit, RubyInstaller w/i686-w64-ming32-gcc v4.5.3 ==> CONFIG["STRIP"] = "i686-w64-mingw32-strip"
- Win7 32-bit, RubyInstaller w/gcc v4.5.2 ==> CONFIG["STRIP"] = "strip"
Please review and consider for inclusion in trunk, ruby_1_9_2, and ruby_1_8_7. While I've not tested the patch on 1.8.7, the code https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/ruby_1_8_7/configure.in#L1370-1388 looks much the same.
Updated by nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r31365.
Jon, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- configure.in (STRIP): use proper toolchain. based on a patch from Jon Forums at [ruby-core:35909]. fixes #4617 =end