byroot (Jean Boussier)
- Login: byroot
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 03/11/2014
- Last connection: 09/23/2020
- 09:21 PM Ruby master Feature #17176: GC.enable_autocompact / GC.disable_autocompact
- A third downside is that it makes it complicated to ensure compaction is disabled in a block. e.g. the common pattern...
- 07:03 AM Ruby master Bug #15661: Disallow concurrent Dir.chdir with block
- Ok, it was fixed a few months ago in bundler: https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/3479, it just wasn't not rele...
- 07:00 AM Ruby master Bug #15661: Disallow concurrent Dir.chdir with block
- Quick heads up, I think this kinda broke bundler (I'll report it there as well).
Bundler (or rubygems not quite su...
- 05:54 AM Ruby master Revision 91865230 (git): [rubygems/rubygems] Eval defaults with frozen_string_literal: true
- 09:07 PM Ruby master Bug #17184: No stdlib function to perform simple string replacement
- > There is already String#replace
Oh wow, I somehow missed that...
- 06:18 PM Ruby master Bug #17184: No stdlib function to perform simple string replacement
- > But then we need to clarify if that replaces the first or all occurrences
As far as I know, String `replace` com...
- 04:57 PM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > Is there a use-case for mod.descendants where mod is a module and not a class?
Not that I know of. Active Suppor...
- 11:19 AM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > (and Kernel.descendants is the same but with Kernel extra).
I'm not sure `Module#descendants` is really useful, ...
- 10:27 AM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > `self < self # => self`
I made a mistake meant `=> false`.
> I expect Object.descendants to be quite slow
- 10:08 AM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > self should be is contained or not?
I don't think it should no. `self < self # => self`.
> singleton classes ...
Also available in: Atom