byroot (Jean Boussier)
- Login: byroot
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Registered on: 03/11/2014
- Last connection: 08/28/2021
- 09:21 PM Ruby master Feature #18228: Add a `timeout` option to `IO.copy_stream`
- > I wonder, can sendfile(2) be interrupted by a signal like SIGVTALRM like for read/write?
I think it can? But fro...
- 12:16 PM Ruby master Feature #18228 (Open): Add a `timeout` option to `IO.copy_stream`
- ### Context
In many situations dealing with large files, `IO.copy_stream` when usable bring major performance gain...
- 09:42 AM Ruby master Misc #18175: Propose Jean Boussier (@byroot) as a core committer
- hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA) wrote in #note-7:
> @byroot Hi, Did you send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ssh key a...
- 07:36 AM Ruby master Misc #18175: Propose Jean Boussier (@byroot) as a core committer
- > How do you think this?
It's a bit scary, but a great opportunity to improve.
As for the instructions, I alrea...
- 01:45 PM Ruby master Bug #18141: Marshal load with proc yield strings before they are fully initialized
- I made a followup patch: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/4866
It now handle similar bugs with `Array`, `Hash` an...
- 02:51 PM Ruby master Feature #18148: Marshal.load freeze option
- I implemented a patch https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/4859
NB: it does include some extra fixes for https://bugs...
- 02:19 PM Ruby master Bug #18141: Marshal load with proc yield strings before they are fully initialized
- So while working on https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/18148, I discovered that many other types of objects are impact...
- 02:11 PM Ruby master Feature #18148: Marshal.load freeze option
- > Could you please create a patch for your proposal?
That was my intent, it might take me a couple days though.
- 11:00 PM Ruby master Revision 89242279 (git): Marshal.load: do not call the proc until strings have their encoding
- Ref: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/18141
- 06:48 AM Ruby master Feature #18148: Marshal.load freeze option
- > When freeze:true is specified, only returned value from proc will be frozen?
It could be either really, but I th...
Also available in: Atom