byroot (Jean Boussier)
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 03/11/2014
- Last connection: 08/14/2019
- 09:38 PM Ruby master Feature #15939: Dump symbols reference to their fstr in ObjectSpace.dump()
- > Do you need a list of String objects referenced from static symbols?
It would be useful yes. Because otherwise y...
- 05:43 PM Ruby master Misc #16047: Reconsider impact of frozen_string_literal on dynamic strings
- > Ruby already optimizes this case
TIL indeed. I should have used a random method call instead.
- 02:15 PM Ruby master Misc #16047: Reconsider impact of frozen_string_literal on dynamic strings
- > I am interested in the claimed/perceived speedup. I had seen some benchmarks that claimed no difference in speed. A...
- 04:52 PM Ruby master Feature #16038 (Open): Provide a public WeakMap that compares by equality rather than by identity
- I know `ObjectSpace::WeakMap` isn't really supposed to be used, and that the blessed interface is `WeakRef`. However,...
- 07:02 PM Ruby master Feature #16035 (Open): Allow non-finalizable objects such as Integer, static Symbol etc in ObjectSpace::WeakMap
- This goes one step farther than what @nobu did in https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/13498
With this patch, special...
- 01:06 AM Ruby master Feature #16029 (Open): Expose fstring related APIs to C-extensions
- As discussed with @tenderlove here: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2287#issuecomment-513865160
We'd like to upd...
- 03:20 PM Ruby master Bug #16026: `Set#count` performance issues
- > Maybe it's worth considering, #count with no arguments can invoke #size. What do you think?
Since it's what Arra...
- 01:48 PM Ruby master Feature #15955: UnboundMethod#apply
- Zeitwerk had the exact same use case recently: https://github.com/fxn/zeitwerk/blob/ba7ff65d40a4309701981f9443249ac7e...
- 10:52 PM Ruby master Revision 6ca7dc69 (git): [ruby/psych] Deduplicate hash keys if they're strings
- 12:24 AM Ruby master Feature #15939: Dump symbols reference to their fstr in ObjectSpace.dump()
- > Static symbol (immediate value) does not reach any objects
Yeah, I learned more about static symbols since I wro...
Also available in: Atom