shan (Shannon Skipper)
- 04:00 PM Ruby master Misc #16130: [Discussion / Ideas] Finding a good name for the concept of/behind guilds - primarily the NAME
- A Braid of Threads also makes sense in that metaphor. Twine is another option similar to Rope or Yarn.
I do like t...
- 11:51 PM Ruby master Feature #16113: Partial application
- I like Hanmac's idea.
Seems very close to:
- 11:42 PM Ruby master Feature #16120: Omitted block argument if block starts with dot-method call
- A bit of an aside, but it's often just as fast to do two iterations with small collections, since the shorthand parse...
- 01:28 AM Ruby master Feature #16113: Partial application
- An aside, but I took a stab at a pure Ruby implementation of keyword argument currying: https://gist.github.com/haven...
- 06:01 PM Ruby master Feature #16011: Digit grouping
- ``` ruby
def delimited(by: ',', digits: 0, padding: '0', every: 3)
extra_padding_size = digits...
- 03:29 PM Ruby master Feature #15799: pipeline operator
- Seeing `|>` my assumption would be that you could use it in the functional style, so you could do:
- 10:09 AM Ruby master Feature #13821: Allow fibers to be resumed across threads
- If automatic detection of whether a Fiber is shareable across Threads isn't viable, it would be really, really nice t...
- 08:28 PM Ruby master Feature #13821: Allow fibers to be resumed across threads
- bascule (Tony Arcieri) wrote:
> There's a simple solution to this: track if a given fiber is holding mutexes (e.g. k...
- 09:35 PM Ruby master Feature #15393: Add compilation flags to freeze Array and Hash literals
- I had the same thought as shevy, that it'd be nice to have a:
# frozen_literals: true
It might a...
- 05:58 PM Ruby master Feature #13618: [PATCH] auto fiber schedule for rb_wait_for_single_fd and rb_waitpid
- Thread::Light seems nice. Or how about Thread::Feather? A thread as light as a feather.
Also available in: Atom