ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
- Login: ioquatix
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 07/10/2011
- Last connection: 10/19/2021
- 12:50 AM Ruby master Feature #18020: Introduce `IO::Buffer` for fiber scheduler.
- > In the description's code, there is lock and unlock. Are those supposed to be thread-safe? If yes I think you'd nee...
- 05:30 AM Ruby master Feature #18020: Introduce `IO::Buffer` for fiber scheduler.
- > mame: I cannot understand what is finally needed. Doesn’t String with ASCII-8BIT work?
String is both insufficient...
- 08:04 PM Ruby master Feature #17849: Fix Timeout.timeout so that it can be used in threaded Web servers
- The fiber scheduler redefines `Timeout` to only well defined wait points.
We could also do the same for other opti...
- 10:02 AM Ruby master Feature #18228: Add a `timeout` option to `IO.copy_stream`
- > As for the return value in case of a timeout, it is important to convey both that a timeout happened, and the numbe...
- 09:47 AM Ruby master Bug #18170: Exception#inspect should not include newlines
- I asked Jon Rowe from RSpec to check this. He monkey patched (3) into rspec and:
> I monkey patched an equivalent ...
- 04:42 AM Ruby master Feature #18229: Proposal to merge YJIT
- This all sounds fantastic.
- 12:43 AM Ruby master Feature #18194: No easy way to format exception messages per thread/fiber scheduler context.
- Whoops, accidentally overwrote title :p
- 12:42 AM Ruby master Feature #18194: No easy way to format exception messages per thread/fiber scheduler context.
- You think it's an advantage to change the default exception message to include additional formatted details. But I'm ...
- 02:16 AM Ruby master Feature #18194: No easy way to format exception messages per thread/fiber scheduler context.
- I understand your concern. Well, I think Sentry should update their implementation if they want extended information....
- 10:06 PM Ruby master Bug #18048: Thread#join can break with fiber scheduler unblock fails or blocks.
- Thank you so much!
Also available in: Atom