ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
- Login: ioquatix
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 07/10/2011
- Last connection: 11/22/2022
- 07:55 PM Ruby master Feature #19078: Introduce `Fiber#storage` for inheritable fiber-scoped variables.
- > If it doesn't wait it's not structured concurrency (children outlive the parent).
The problem with being strict ...
- 05:32 PM Ruby master Feature #19078: Introduce `Fiber#storage` for inheritable fiber-scoped variables.
- Async already has the concept of structured concurrency.
> I've been reading https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/...
- 05:10 AM Ruby master Feature #19141: Add thread-owned Monitor to protect thread-local resources
- Why do you need a recursive mutex for this code? Why not just lock inside the enumerator around whatever shared resou...
- 04:18 AM Ruby master Misc #19122: Use MADV_DONTNEED instead of MADV_FREE when freeing a Fiber's stack
- I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I'm generally against loosing performance.
Maybe it can be controlle...
- 06:02 AM Ruby master Feature #19135 (Closed): Support `UNIXSocket` on Windows
- It was merged.
- 08:10 PM Ruby master Feature #19135: Support `UNIXSocket` on Windows
- PR: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/6513
- 08:09 PM Ruby master Feature #19135 (Closed): Support `UNIXSocket` on Windows
- In recent versions of Windows, the required parts are now supported: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/af_un...
- 08:10 PM Ruby master Misc #12474: Wishlist for Windows Unix compatibility features
- UNIXSocket is implemented in https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/19135
- 09:39 AM Ruby master Bug #18796 (Closed): GC compaction gets stuck on Mac OS when a debugger is attached
- I can confirm it was merged.
- 11:29 PM Ruby master Bug #19101: madvise(free) was broken in 3.1?
- I am copying all the discussion from GitHub here:
> @ioquatix I wasn't sure of the best way...
Also available in: Atom