ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
- Login: ioquatix
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 07/10/2011
- Last connection: 07/27/2021
- 07:25 AM Ruby master Bug #18048: Thread#join can break with fiber scheduler unblock fails or blocks.
- The PR is 050a89543952a2c9e7c9bc938f4fdb538f6c9278 followed by 13f8521c630a15c87398dee0763e95f59c032a94
- 06:57 AM Ruby master Bug #18048 (Closed): Thread#join can break with fiber scheduler unblock fails or blocks.
- In addition to https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17666 we found several more cases that need to be addressed.
- 11:10 PM Ruby master Bug #17666: Thread#join hangs when Fiber.set_scheduler is set
- I also tested it against `async` `main` branch which can hang on 3.0.2, but passes on 3.0.2 + your PR. So, I can conf...
- 11:05 PM Ruby master Bug #17666: Thread#join hangs when Fiber.set_scheduler is set
- I have made a PR to your PR.
This adds a test case which fails without...
- 05:37 PM Ruby master Bug #17666: Thread#join hangs when Fiber.set_scheduler is set
- @nagachika thanks so much for your effort here. I have a local test case which can easily fail without this fix, so I...
- 02:48 AM Ruby master Feature #18033: Time.new to parse a string
- > Yes, it seems by design, and changing the behavior will just break something.
I think there is value in the follow...
- 01:57 AM Ruby master Bug #17666: Thread#join hangs when Fiber.set_scheduler is set
- I think we should consider isolating this for backport to 3.0.3 if possible.
This three lines:
- 12:31 AM Ruby master Feature #18020: Introduce `IO::Buffer` for fiber scheduler.
- @eregon thanks for the feedback.
The flags are more efficient and for the current design they are mostly implementat...
- 02:26 AM Ruby master Bug #17664: Behavior of sockets changed in Ruby 3.0 to non-blocking
- I was playing around with a larger number of connections and the deferred submit:
- 01:03 AM Ruby master Bug #17664: Behavior of sockets changed in Ruby 3.0 to non-blocking
- Here is `DirectScheduler`:
Running 30s test @ http://localhost:9090
4 threads and 128 connections
Also available in: Atom