RubyBugs (A Nonymous)
- Login: RubyBugs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 04/30/2010
- Last connection: 10/17/2019
- 06:37 PM Ruby master Bug #15087: Segmentation fault with splat and block
- **Hurray**! Confirmed that this no longer crashes and works as expected on _2.5.4_ and _2.6.2_
- 04:52 PM Ruby master Feature #14718: Use jemalloc by default?
- Does Hongli Lai's article _What causes Ruby memory bloat?_ shed any potential light here?
- 07:31 PM Ruby master Bug #15087: Segmentation fault with splat and block
- This is **still crashing** in Ruby 2.5.3. Is this going to ever be fixed in Ruby 2.5 series?
- 05:07 PM Ruby master Feature #14684: IRB swallows exceptions
- Hmm. Our hope would be to have this "easy" change back-ported to 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5 -- waiting until December to have ...
- 01:35 PM Ruby master Feature #14684: IRB swallows exceptions
Would it be possible to back-port this to Ruby 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5?
Or, would you be willing to review pat...
- 03:20 PM Ruby master Feature #14685: IRB doesn't print exception cause
- Note that per @Hanmac above in comment #2, separate work might be necessary to also print the `#cause` in default Rub...
- 03:18 PM Ruby master Feature #14685: IRB doesn't print exception cause
- May I ask: a very quick path to solving this would be for me (or someone else) to turn my workaround monkey-patch of ...
- 02:24 PM Ruby master Feature #14684: IRB swallows exceptions
- nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) wrote:
> `$!` isn't accessible outside `rescue` clause, even without irb.
In IRB, should ...
- 05:46 PM Ruby master Feature #14685: IRB doesn't print exception cause
- For Ruby 2.3.4, here is a working monkey-patch which causes IRB to behave as expected above:
- 04:32 PM Ruby master Feature #14685 (Open): IRB doesn't print exception cause
- # Summary
IRB doesn't print `Exception#cause`.
Because IRB also doesn't offer access to raised exceptions (see...
Also available in: Atom