janosch-x (Janosch Müller)
- Login: janosch-x
- Registered on: 04/30/2017
- Last connection: 07/18/2022
- 10:17 AM Ruby master Feature #18788: Support passing Regexp options as String to Regexp.new
Thank you for the explanation regarding symbols!
> we'll need migration period to warn anything other tha...
- 10:11 AM Ruby master Bug #18797 (Open): Third argument to Regexp.new is a bit broken
- ## Situation
'n' or 'N' can be passed as a third argument to `Regexp.new`. However, the behavior is not the same a...
- 04:39 PM Ruby master Feature #18749: Strangeness of endless inclusive ranges
- Maybe a simple, non-breaking solution would be to make endless Ranges exclude the end regardless of how they are writ...
- 08:21 AM Ruby master Feature #18788: Support passing Regexp options as String to Regexp.new
- > Please don't allow symbols. It may look cute (in some cases), but the options are essentially a set of single lette...
- 08:26 PM Ruby master Feature #18788: Support passing Regexp options as String to Regexp.new
- I agree that the use cases are fairly limited. They are not totally uncommon, though.
`Regexp.new` is mostly neede...
- 12:11 PM Ruby master Feature #18788 (Closed): Support passing Regexp options as String to Regexp.new
- ## Current situation
`Regexp.new` takes an integer as second argument which needs to be ORed together from multipl...
- 06:52 PM Ruby master Bug #18686 (Open): Regexp supporting unexpected age properties in Ruby < 3.2
- I've encountered this on GitHub Actions running Ubuntu 20. I cannot reproduce it locally on Darwin/arm64.
It is a ...
- 08:31 AM Ruby master Feature #18617: Allow multiples keys in Hash# acting like Hash#dig
- i think this would be confusing.
- its not obvious what `hash[:a, :b]` does, it could also mean `hash.values_at(:a...
- 10:15 PM Ruby master Bug #18601 (Open): Invalid byte sequences in Big5 encodings
- I encoded all unicode codepoints in all encodings:
full_string = ((0..0xD7FF).to_a + (0xE000..0x10FFFF).to_a)...
- 10:33 AM Ruby master Feature #18376: Version comparison API
- pocke (Masataka Kuwabara) wrote in #note-7:
> `::Version` will be conflict with `optparse`'s convention. Probably we...
Also available in: Atom