fxn (Xavier Noria)
- Login: fxn
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 03/21/2010
- Last connection: 05/23/2019
- 07:57 PM Ruby master Bug #15790 (Open): Strange interaction between autoload and $LOADED_FEATURES
- If an autoload fails and we remove its associated file from `$LOADED_FEATURES`, the autoload is back:
$ cat x...
- 02:13 PM Ruby master Bug #15780 (Closed): Module#const_defined?(String) executes autoloads
- The documentation of `Module#const_defined?` says that autoloads are not executed:
> [...] if the constant is not ...
- 01:44 AM Ruby master Feature #15663: Documenting autoload semantics
- Let me share some thoughts that won't help much, but would like to contribute anyway :).
To me it is a surprise th...
- 09:54 PM Ruby master Feature #15777 (Closed): autoload?(cname, inherit=true)
- Zeitwerk needs to be able to check if a given class or module has an autoload defined for a certain constant name, th...
- 08:21 AM Ruby master Bug #14702: On Ruby 2.5.1, tracepoint isn't working on the file that is loaded by load_iseq
- For reference: https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/35475.
- 11:58 PM Ruby master Bug #14702: On Ruby 2.5.1, tracepoint isn't working on the file that is loaded by load_iseq
Rails 6 applcations have bootsnap and Zeitwerk enabled by default. Right now, that needs Ruby 2.6 because Zeit...
- 05:47 PM Ruby master Feature #15592: mode where "autoload" behaves like an immediate "require"
- > I guess it needs some convention between constant names and filenames.
I agree it is good if such convention is av...
- 06:54 AM Ruby master Feature #15592: mode where "autoload" behaves like an immediate "require"
- Zeitwerk has an interface to eager load similar to what it is being suggested, but it is able to do so easily because...
- 08:21 PM Ruby master Feature #15592: mode where "autoload" behaves like an immediate "require"
- Many people do not realize that in order to eager load a project tree you need to autoload. Talking about the general...
- 10:19 AM Ruby master Feature #5653: "I strongly discourage the use of autoload in any standard libraries" (Re: autoload will be dead)
- Let me add a couple of things.
In case const_missing is discussed, these are the reasons why implementing autoload...
Also available in: Atom