nirvdrum (Kevin Menard)
- Login: nirvdrum
- Registered on: 03/03/2017
- Last connection: 07/30/2019
- 04:33 PM Ruby master Feature #15940: Coerce symbols internal fstrings in UTF8 rather than ASCII to better share memory with string literals
- I generally like the idea, but really from a semantics perspective rather than a memory savings one. It's confusing t...
- 04:28 PM Ruby master Bug #15635: Inconsistent handling of dummy encodings and code range
- I also tested some older Ruby releases. The issue is also present in `ruby 2.4.4p296 (2018-03-28 revision 63013) [x86...
- 04:26 PM Ruby master Bug #15635 (Closed): Inconsistent handling of dummy encodings and code range
- It's hard to write code that works properly with dummy encodings, so they should really be avoided altogether. Howeve...
- 04:35 PM Ruby master Bug #15543 (Rejected): rb_str_set_len should clear code range
- Calling `rb_str_set_len` on a `String` could alter the code range. I think this hasn't been much of an issue because ...
- 09:00 PM Ruby master Feature #14077: Add Encoding::FILESYSTEM and Encoding::LOCALE constants
- shevegen (Robert A. Heiler) wrote:
> > Even changing the $LANG environment variable within the Ruby
> > process d...
- 04:35 PM Ruby master Feature #14077 (Open): Add Encoding::FILESYSTEM and Encoding::LOCALE constants
- The `Encoding` class has constants defined for all of the standard encodings, but does not have constants defined for...
- 01:46 PM Ruby master Bug #13952 (Closed): String#succ not updating code range
- I'm seeing some strange behavior with `String#succ` and updating code ranges. I haven't yet traced the code to see wh...
- 08:56 PM Ruby master Bug #13950: String#tr incorrectly marks strings as CR_7BIT
- For what it's worth, I may have the root cause of this wrong. It looks like setting to `CR_7BIT` might be designed to...
- 08:47 PM Ruby master Bug #13950 (Closed): String#tr incorrectly marks strings as CR_7BIT
- String#tr has a curious bit of code attributable to r22547, dating back to Ruby 1.9.2. It seems to blindly change the...
- 08:26 PM Ruby master Bug #13949 (Closed): String#unpack with 'M' directive can create strings with wrong code range
- I've noticed that `String#unpack` with the `'M'` directive can create strings that should be `CR_7BIT` as `CR_VALID`....
Also available in: Atom