Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme)
- Login: Dan0042
- Registered on: 06/09/2016
- Last connection: 12/01/2020
- 02:52 PM Ruby master Bug #17360 (Rejected): Objects disappear from ObjectSpace after using Ractor
STR = -"testing 123"
x = STR.dup
- 02:00 PM Ruby master Bug #17359: Ractor copy mode is not Ractor-safe
- ko1 (Koichi Sasada) wrote in #note-6:
> One idea is prohibit `initialize_copy` written in Ruby, for ractor_copy.
- 10:01 PM Ruby master Bug #17359: Ractor copy mode is not Ractor-safe
- I was under the impression that ractor-copy worked via dump+load sort of like marshaling, in fact I thought that was ...
- 01:09 PM Ruby master Bug #17359: Ractor copy mode is not Ractor-safe
- The `initialize_copy` is executed in the main ractor, that's why it can set a global variable. It should be executed ...
- 07:30 PM Ruby master Feature #17355: Using same set of names in or-patterns (pattern matching with Foo(x) | Bar(x))
- decuplet (Nikita Shilnikov) wrote in #note-2:
> Out of curiosity, did you see an example of syntax like that in any ...
- 04:04 PM Ruby master Feature #17355: Using same set of names in or-patterns (pattern matching with Foo(x) | Bar(x))
- Or-patterns _are_ supported, just not with variable assignment. I agree with the request but the title of the ticket ...
- 07:22 PM Ruby master Bug #17197: Some Hash methods still have arity 2 instead of 1
- It doesn't have to be a deprecation warning though. But I think that in the same sense as the "method redefined" warn...
- 06:36 PM Ruby master Feature #17316: On memoization
- marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune) wrote in #note-3:
> Gem is here: https://github.com/marcandre/ractor-cache
- 03:26 PM Ruby master Feature #17326: Add Kernel#must! to the standard library
- I'm also not fond of the name `must`, so I'm relieved that Matz is of the same opinion.
In the end I think that `n...
- 07:04 PM Ruby master Feature #17278: On-demand sharing of constants for Ractor
- In #17323#note-5, ko1 mentioned there is a possibility to provide "fork" model. So I tried thinking if it could apply...
Also available in: Atom