Project

General

Profile

Backport #5664

Webrick broken FD_CLOEXEC

Added by candlerb (Brian Candler) over 7 years ago. Updated about 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
[ruby-core:41242]

Description

ruby-1.8.7-p352 $ grep -R CLOEXEC .
./ext/fcntl/fcntl.c: * - FD_CLOEXEC - the value of the close-on-exec flag.
./ext/fcntl/fcntl.c:#ifdef FD_CLOEXEC
./ext/fcntl/fcntl.c: rb_define_const(mFcntl, "FD_CLOEXEC", INT2NUM(FD_CLOEXEC));
./lib/drb/drb.rb: soc.fcntl(Fcntl::F_SETFD, Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC) if defined? Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC
./lib/drb/unix.rb: soc.fcntl(Fcntl::F_SETFL, Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC) if defined? Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC
./lib/resolv.rb: sock.fcntl(Fcntl::F_SETFD, Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC) if defined? Fcntl::F_SETFD
./lib/resolv.rb: sock.fcntl(Fcntl::F_SETFD, Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC) if defined? Fcntl::F_SETFD
./lib/resolv.rb: sock.fcntl(Fcntl::F_SETFD, Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC) if defined? Fcntl::F_SETFD
./lib/webrick/utils.rb: if defined?(Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC)
./lib/webrick/utils.rb: io.fcntl(Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC, 1)

There you can see lots of examples of FD_CLOEXEC being used correctly: fcntl (command F_SETFD, value FD_CLOEXEC)

But in the last line, Webrick is calling fcntl wrongly: it is calling command FD_CLOEXEC with value 1 !! So what it's actually calling is command F_GETFD, which does nothing.

Fcntl.constants.select { |x| Fcntl.const_get(x) == Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC }
=> ["F_GETFD", "FD_CLOEXEC", "O_WRONLY", "F_RDLCK"]

I have checked this in the latest 1.8.7-p352 source too, and it's the same there.

History

Updated by akr (Akira Tanaka) over 7 years ago

  • ruby -v changed from ruby 1.8.7 (2010-08-16 patchlevel 302) [x86_64-linux] to -

2011/11/23 Brian Candler b.candler@pobox.com:

Bug #5664: Webrick broken FD_CLOEXEC
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5664

./lib/drb/unix.rb: soc.fcntl(Fcntl::F_SETFL, Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC) if defined? Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC

./lib/webrick/utils.rb: io.fcntl(Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC, 1)

There you can see lots of examples of FD_CLOEXEC being used correctly: fcntl (command F_SETFD, value FD_CLOEXEC)

But in the last line, Webrick is calling fcntl wrongly: it is calling command FD_CLOEXEC with value 1 !! So what it's actually calling is command F_GETFD, which does nothing.

I fixed them (not only webrick/utils.rb but also drb/unix.rb) at r33611
for trunk and 1.8 branch.

It seems not backported yet.
--
Tanaka Akira

#2

Updated by naruse (Yui NARUSE) over 7 years ago

  • Tracker changed from Bug to Backport
  • Project changed from Ruby 1.8 to Backport187
  • Status changed from Open to Assigned
  • Assignee set to shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe)
#3

Updated by shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF