Multiple IO problems when threading is used
- File.read(path) sometimes returns empty string although file is not empty
- File.read(path, File.size(path)) somtimes returns nil although file is not empty
It seems as if the file reached eof. This happens only when threading is used. There seems to be some kind of race condition.
Ruby version is 1.8.7-p302 (on x86_64-linux and x86-linux).
This problem doesn't exist on 1.9 (tested with 1.9.1p429).
Updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) about 1 year ago
- ruby -v deleted (
ruby 1.8.7 (2010-08-16 patchlevel 302) [x86_64-linux])
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
- Description updated (diff)
- Project changed from Ruby 1.8 to Backport187
- Tracker changed from Bug to Backport