Date: 2018/03/15 (Thu)
Time: 14:00-18:00 (JST)
Place: Cookpad, Inc.
log edit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RT0ijSo8uJ4Awn3CEvuYkjH0TVeXSYgeAFNmVGYC3ak/edit
Attendees: Martin Dürst (from ~16:00) (add your name here if you would like to participate)
Regrets: (add your name here if you often attend, but can't attend this time)
Language: mostly Japanese (sorry for non native Japanese speakers)
Please add your favorite ticket numbers you want to ask to discuss.
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly. Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
- All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place is scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- NOTE: Write at least "ticket number/title/link" and your name (see example below). Explain details on the ticket. If you cannot attend the meeting, we appreciate a short summary because we can understand it more easily (long discussion is difficult to read, especially in a non-native language). Your motivation is also welcome.
About 2.6 timeframe¶
- [Feature #12732] An option to pass to
Float, to return
nilinstead of raise an exception (mrkn)
- [Feature #14476] Adding same_all? for checking whether all items in an Array are same (mrkn)
- [Feature #14362] use BigDecimal instead of Float by default (mrkn)
- [Feature #14044] Introduce a new attribute
stepin Range (mrkn)
- [Feature #14245] Add File.read etc. (shugo)
- [Feature #14579] Hash value omission (shugo)
- [Bug #14541] Class variables have broken semantics, let's fix them (eregon). I'd like more opinions and thoughts on whether we can change them.
- [Bugs #14380] Change Hash#transform_keys! and break compatibility with Ruby 2.5 and ActiveSupport, or not?
- [Feature #11473] Immutable String literal in Ruby 3 (hsbt): Do you really want to change it at Ruby 3? If It's yes, We should add a warning with destructive action on Ruby 2.6.
Carry-over from previous meeting(s)¶
- [Feature #4514] #deep_clone and #deep_dup for Objects
- [Feature #4521] NoMethodError#message may take very long to execute
- [Feature #4539] Array#zip_with
- [Feature #4592] Tempfileを直接保存したい
- [Feature #4780] String#split with a block
- [Feature #4818] Add method marshalable?
- [Feature #4824] Provide method Kernel#executed?
- [Feature #4907] enumerable#permutation and combination
- [Feature #4910] Classes as factories
- [Feature #5007] Proc#call_under: Unifying instance_eval and instance_exec
- [Feature #5064] HTTP user-agent class
- [Feature #5129] Create a core class "FileArray" and make "ARGF" its instance
- [Feature #5133] Array#unzip as an alias of Array#transpose
- [Bug #5179] Complex#rationalize and to_r with approximate zeros
- [Feature #3953] TCPSocket / UDPSocket do not accept IPAddr objects.
- [Feature #4247] New features for Array#sample, Array#choice
- [Bug #4405] WIN32OLE & Threads incompatible
- [Feature #4464] [PATCH] add Fcntl::Flock object for easier use of POSIX file locks
- [Feature #4831] Integer#prime_factors
- [Bug #5060] Executables in bin folder conflict with their gem versions.