Date: 2017/12/26 (Tue)
Time: 14:00- 18:00 (JST)
Place: Speee Inc.
log edit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N9zFqYKPTFBu7VYxp32qT2vRqbLPLi2GnDDzgEmnxDA/edit
Attendees: (add your name here if you would like to participate) Kenta Murata, Yusuke Endoh
Regrets: (add your name here if you often attend, but can't attend this time)
Language: mostly Japanese (sorry for non native Japanese speakers)
Please add your favorite ticket numbers you want to ask to discuss.
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly. Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
- All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place is scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- NOTE: Write at least "ticket number/title/link" and your name (see example below). Explain details on the ticket. If you cannot attend the meeting, we appreciate a short summary because we can understand it more easily (long discussion is difficult to read, especially in a non-native language). Your motivation is also welcome.
About 2.6 timeframe¶
$SAFEfrom Ruby 2.6? (ko1) [Feature #5455]
- [PATCH] auto fiber schedule for rb_wait_for_single_fd and rb_waitpid [Feature #13618]
- Re considering to name
- Merge MJIT infrastructure with conservative JIT compiler [Feature #14235]
- Deprecated Ruby 2 features for Ruby 3.
- warn four special variables: [Bug #14240]
- Define English.rb aliases by default and eliminate the library [Feature #14138]
- [PATCH] resurrection of # -- warn_past_scope: true -- [Feature #14153]
Carry-over from previous meeting(s)¶
Open/assigned old issues¶
- [Bug #14229] An exception in eval has strange message
- [Bug #14230] Binding#source_location
- [Bug #4352] [patch] Fix eval(s, b) backtrace; make eval(s, b) consistent with eval(s)
The tickets below are old tickets whose status is open or assigned (and mame can somewhat understand)
- [Bug #4443] odd evaluation order in a multiple assignment
- [Feature #4475] default variable name for parameter
- [Feature #4830] Provide Default Variables for Array#each and other iterators
- [Feature #4513] allow whitespace following EOL continuation backslash
- [Feature #4514] #deep_clone and #deep_dup for Objects
- [Feature #4521] NoMethodError#message may take very long to execute
- [Feature #4539] Array#zip_with
- [Feature #5044] #zip with block return mapped results
- [Feature #4541] Inconsistent Array.slice()
- [Feature #4592] Tempfileを直接保存したい
- [Feature #4780] String#split with a block
- [Feature #4818] Add method marshalable?
- [Feature #4824] Provide method Kernel#executed?
- [Feature #4907] enumerable#permutation and combination
- [Feature #4910] Classes as factories
- [Feature #4921] Remove intern.h
- [Feature #4938] Add Random.bytes [patch]
- [Feature #5007] Proc#call_under: Unifying instance_eval and instance_exec
- [Feature #5064] HTTP user-agent class
- [Feature #5120] String#split needs to be logical
- [Feature #5123] Alias Hash 1.9 as OrderedHash
- [Feature #5129] Create a core class "FileArray" and make "ARGF" its instance
- [Feature #5133] Array#unzip as an alias of Array#transpose
- [Bug #5179] Complex#rationalize and to_r with approximate zeros
- [Feature #5206] ruby -K should warn
- [Feature #3953] TCPSocket / UDPSocket do not accept IPAddr objects.
- [Feature #4247] New features for Array#sample, Array#choice
- [Bug #4405] WIN32OLE & Threads incompatible
- [Feature #4464] [PATCH] add Fcntl::Flock object for easier use of POSIX file locks
- [Feature #4831] Integer#prime_factors
- [Feature #4968] BigDecimal#sqrt は BigMath.sqrt へ移動すべき
- [Bug #5060] Executables in bin folder conflict with their gem versions.